Terms & Conditions
With The Bed King, you are guaranteed the healthiest and most comfortable sleep from the widest range of beds and mattresses in South Africa; and at the best value! Re-establish your comfort zone with unbeatably the Best Advice, Best Range, Best Service, Best Value and Best Price; our five-point promise and your guarantee of total satisfaction, ensuring you get the most out of your shopping experience! From the moment you enter our stores right through to when our friendly delivery team assembles your new bed in your living space, you can be sure we’re working to exceed your highest expectations.
Use of Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases and shall not use this site for any other purpose; including but without limitation; to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided within this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or re-distributed. 'Deep-linking', 'embedding' or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called "Providers", assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
All the information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other that which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
Lead time is entirely dependent on stock availability. Should we have stock available, orders will be dispatched the same day provided payment is validated/received before 1400 hours.
Should the product not be in stock please allow up to 20 working days plus freight transit time. This will allow for manufacturing and delivery to our warehouse.
Every effort is made to effect shipment of your order timeously however unforeseen circumstances may cause delays. Should we be faced with such an occurrence The Bed King will contact you via email and provide a revised shipping schedule.
When you click to make a purchase with us legal obligations arise and your right to refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed by us, are limited by our terms & conditions. You must not make any purchase through this site unless you understand and agree to all our terms and conditions. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for such purchase. If you have any queries please contact us before making any purchase for any service through this website.
We deliver anywhere in South Africa. Hubs: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Pretoria. Other Areas depend on destination and product. A standard R300.00 delivery fee is applicable to your purchase in store for local deliveries. Should you require a special quotation please complete the contact form. Please ensure the correct delivery address is provided from the outset as title and risk will pass to you once the order has left our premises. Bed King is offering FREE delivery only for online purchases over R5000 to selected areas in the Gauteng, Western Cape and Mbombela Metropolitan areas. A delivery fee of R750 to anywhere within South Africa, and R1500 to selected areas in KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape. You will be contacted within 48 hours of your online purchase to make arrangements for your delivery. Should any product be out of stock, expect a lead time of 7-15 working days. Certain products may need to be custom made for you and can take up to 21 days to be delivered.
Order processing will not begin until we receive a confirmed order and full payment.
We pride ourselves in carrying high quality items and trust you will be delighted with your purchase. If you want to return your purchase for any reason at all please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0860 25 35 45, within 7 days of receiving your order.
Authorized returns are accepted within 7 days provided the item is unused and in its original packaging.
We will charge a 15% handling fee should the product be removed from its original packagaing and in a used condition.
Please note, we cannot accept items which are custom-made, personalized or in special sizes, unless the special order does not conform to the original order specification set out in the initial ordering phase.
90-Night Comfort Exchange Guarantee
At the Bed King we strive to offer you the perfect sleep solution for your needs. In the unlikely event that you are not completely satisfied with your bed/mattress, we will exchange your purchase subject to the following terms and conditions:
No comfort exchanges will be done without prior signing of the agreement in store.
By taking any of our beds on a 90-night comfort exchange guarantee basis, you accept the following terms and conditions:
1. The 90-night comfort exchange guarantee is only available on standard size beds/mattresses. The 90-night comfort guarantee does not apply to any furniture, linen or any other accessories.
2. The full value of the purchase must be paid prior to delivery or upon delivery of any of our products.
3. A minimum of 30-nights must be completed before the comfort exchange guarantee becomes applicable.
4. In the event of an exchange, a minimum handling fee of 15% of the original beds value will be added on to the new invoice, as well as an additional delivery charge. (The new invoice can only be to the value of or greater than the original purchase and not less.)
5. The 90-night comfort exchange guarantee starts from the delivery date of the bed and ends on midnight on the 90th day after that date.
6. This comfort exchange agreement is only valid if the customer bought a waterproof mattress protector from the Bed King. The waterproof mattress protector must appear on the same invoice as the purchased mattress.
7. Please ensure that the products are in satisfactory condition when you receive them. If the products are MARKED or DAMAGED on delivery to you, you must note it on the delivery note that the driver takes with him and inform your sales person within 24 hours after the delivery.
8. Any product that is soiled or in an unsatisfactory condition upon the exchange, will not be exchanged and the comfort exchange guarantee will be invalidated.
9. Only one comfort exchange is allowed per customer.
10. It is company policy not to do any refunds.
Payment Options and Pricing
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR).
The Bedking endeavours to offer you competitive prices on current products; your total
order price will include the price of the purchase plus any applicable sales tax and delivery.
The Bedking reserves the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice.
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of pricing and product information. Instances may arise in which a product(s) are priced incorrectly on the website or where the product information supplied is inaccurate. The BedKing will not be held bound by the incorrect price(s) in cases where such error(s) occur.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Diners Club credit cards. If you do not have a credit card please utilise one of the other payment options available, or simply log off and return to the site at a later time to complete your order.
EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer)
One of the most widely used ways of sending money online. Once you have added enough items to your shopping cart, proceed to “Checkout” and follow the order processing instructions. Select the option to pay via EFT, add The Bed King as a beneficiary on your internet banking service and use the unique order number in the reference line for your payment. This should ensure speedy processing and delivery of your selected products.
Account Name: Pettenden Trading cc t/a The Bed King
Account No.: 104 659 6918
Branch Code: 19876500
Branch Name: Southern Peninsula
Account Type Swift Code: Cheque
Swift Code: NEDSZAJJ
You may pay for your products through a direct deposit. It’s exactly the same as doing an EFT payment, except you’ll have to go into your bank and physically make your direct deposit there. Please fax through your deposit slip to us on +27 21 951 6254 to ensure your payment is confirmed and order shipped as quickly as possible. Cheque Deposits are subject to a 10 day clearing period.
Account Name: Pettenden Trading cc t/a The Bed King
Account No.: 104 659 6918
Account Type: Cheque
LAY-BUY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A minimum deposit of 20% of the total purchase price of products is required.
- Regular monthly payments must be made
- Your lay-buy must be paid for in full and collected by the due date
- We will cancel the lay-buy and refund all payments made LESS 10% and a reasonable amount to cover admin and storage:
1) Should you fail to make regular monthly payments
2) Your lay-buy is uncollected by the due date
- We require positive Identification Document :
1) If you have lost your invoice or you wish to cancel your lay-buy
2) When you collect and finalise your lay-buy without your lay-buy document
Due date up to R5000.00 - 3 months
Due date over R5000.00 - 4 months
We will only process you order once we are able to confirm payment into our bank account. For more information about how to order, special order requirements and other payment options, please contact our Support Team on Fax +27 21 951-6201 (o/h) or email email@example.com.
- Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
I understand that all the designs and trademarks are registered to The Bed King and hereby accept the terms and conditions. I undertake not to copy/duplicate the trademarks and designs directly or indirectly in anyway and understand the legal implications thereof. Should I be found to be in violation of this agreement I understand that I will be held liable for all legal costs incurred by The Bed King for any civil action or any legal action deemed necessary against me.
Tel: +27 21 951 6204
Fax: +27 21 932 7689
A copy of the ECT Act is available at http://www.acts.co.za/ect_act/
Errors and omissions excepted.