Terms and Conditions
With The Bed King, you are guaranteed the healthiest and most comfortable sleep from the widest range of beds and mattresses in South Africa; and at the best value! Re-establish your comfort zone with unbeatably the Best Advice, Best Range, Best Service, Best Value and Best Price; our five-point promise and your guarantee of total satisfaction, ensuring you get the most out of your shopping experience! From the moment you enter our stores right through to when our friendly delivery team assembles your new bed in your living space, you can be sure we're working to exceed your highest expectations.
Use of Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases and shall not use this site for any other purpose; including but without limitation; to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided within this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or re-distributed. 'Deep-linking', 'embedding' or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called "Providers", assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
All the information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other that which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
When you make a purchase at Bed King legal obligations arise and your right to refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed by us, are limited by our terms & conditions. You must not make any purchase online or instore unless you understand and agree to all our terms and conditions. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for such purchase. If you have any queries, please speak to a consultant or contact us via email before making any purchase through this website or instore.
Order processing and Fulfillment Policy
Order processing will not begin until we receive a confirmed order and full payment. Full payment meaning we have received a credit card authorization from the issuing bank, or an electronic fund transfer that reflects on our bank statement. You will be contacted within 48 hours of your purchase to make arrangements for your delivery. Should any product be out of stock, expect a lead time of 7-20 working days. Certain products may need to be custom made for you and can take up to 21 days to be delivered.
Upon purchase of your goods, please ensure you are in agreement with the size of your selected mattress and or bed-set. Should you need to exchange your mattress purchase for a different size, additional costs will be incurred.
MATTRESS GUARANTEE AND WARRANTY
Different warranty and guarantee periods apply to different products. Please refer to the specific product page or speak to a sales consultant for more information.
MATTRESS WEIGHT LIMITATION
Upon purchase of your goods, please ensure you are in agreement with the weight limitation of your selected mattress and or bed-set. Purchasing a mattress or bed set not suited to support your weight will compromise the longevity of your purchase. This will result in additional costs being incurred.
A mattress protector not only ensures your mattress is kept in a hygienic and allergen free condition, it also validates your warranty and guarantee. Failing to protect your mattress with a waterproof mattress protector will invalidate your guarantee and warranty. Should your mattress have unsanitary marks/ stains or signs of abuse, the guarantee and warranty will be invalidated.
Regularly rotating and or flipping your mattress will lengthen its lifespan. Failing to regularly rotate and or flip your mattress will invalidate the guarantee and warranty
Body impressions is a natural occurrence in good quality mattresses like ours, with responsive foam layers. Similarly, to wearing a shoe for some time, your mattress starts to gently conform to the shape of your body as the insole would start to conform to the shape of your foot. Our foam layers are designed to be responsive, conforming and adjusting to your sleeping body. Body impressions up to 4cm is a normal occurrence on any mattress and not a structural defect. Due to normal body impressions of up to 4cm, it is highly likely for a slight ridge to form in the center of your mattress. This is a normal occurrence. The manufacturer will only inspect the mattress if body impressions are deeper than 4cm.
Should you choose to only purchase a mattress and not a base from us, please ensure that your existing base has a solid supportive surface. Should your existing base be slatted, please ensure the gaps in between each slat are not wider than 30mm. Should your base have slats with gaps in between, wider than 30mm, the base needs to be fitted with a solid 5mm hardboard. Failure to ensure the above will invalidate your guarantee and warranty.
Linen and accessories
Due to hygiene reasons, no linen products, mattress protectors and pillows will be exchanged or refunded. Please take note of the care instructions as listed on the linen, mattress protector and pillow packaging.
The manufacturer will only repair faults due to workmanship. Faults due to improper care such as but not limited to
- exposure to direct sunlight causing fabric/ wood changes
- exposure to heat sources and or
- exposure to water or dampness and or
- failure to adhere to normal use of the item
will not be repaired or exchanged.
Please speak to a sales consultant or refer to the specific product page for more information.
The warranty does not cover any defects caused by
- foreign objects that are not part of the items
- Any use other than domestic use by the customer or his/her resident families.
- Failure to abide by the manufacturers' instructions for installation, maintenance, and use.
- The use of accessories which have not been approved by the manufacturer.
- Any incorrect or abnormal electrical or water supply to the item.
- Any wiring or electrical connection defect which was not present in the item at the time of the installation.
- The use of foreign objects in the item of which the item is not designed to tolerate i.e. hairpins, coins, pens etc.
- Neglect, misuse, or willful abuse of the item
- Repairs or attempted repairs of the item by any person other than Bed King or its authorized repairers.
- Any modification of the item by any person other than Bed King or its authorized repairers.
- Parts or items of the unit which are expected to wear out before the warranty period expires, including but not limited to, batteries and or motors.
- Fire, flood, war, civil disturbance, industrial action, acts of God or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Bed King.
- Any defect caused by lightning strike or power surges.
Bed King will not be held liable for any loss or damages suffered by the customer, related to the product items defect as listed above.
Repairs may not be effected without prior authorization from Bed King.
In the case of a fault covered by the warranty, Bed King will arrange an authorized repairer and pay for the labor and materials supplied to repair the fault covered under the warranty.
The customer shall be liable for the repair costs, including but not limited to the call out fee should
- no defect be found or
- should a defect be found that is not covered under the warranty
It is the customers duty to maintain and ensure the adjustable unit is in good working order.
The following will invalidate the warranty:
- Lightning damage
- Extended exposure to moisture and humidity
- Exposure to liquids
- Exposure to heat damage
- Acts of God
- Connection to incorrect voltage or damage due to electrical power surges
- Normal wear and tear
- Accidental damage
- Misuse or abuse
- Failure to properly maintain
- Use of improper cleaning methods
- Soiled, burnt, stained, infested with insects or in an unsanitary condition or tampered with
- Incorrect customer installation
- Use of faulty or leaking batteries
- Evidence of tampering or repair by a non-approved technician
- Altered or removed serial number
- Software related faults (no hardware fault)
Delivery and Collection Policy
Delivery fees are calculated during the checkout process based on the order value and delivery area.
For the purpose of calculating delivery fees, the Bed King product line is split into two categories:
- Category 1: bulky items (e.g. beds, mattresses, bed frames, bunk beds, sleeper couches and other larger furniture items)
- Category 2: small items (pillows, bedding and mattress protectors)
If products from both Category 1 and Category 2 are ordered, the Category 1 fee will apply for the entire order.
Category 1 purchases over R5 000
- Free delivery applies on online purchases over R5 000 delivered to major metropolitan cities in the Western Cape, Gauteng and Mpumalanga provinces.
- For purchases over R5 000 delivered to other areas outside of major metropolitan cities in the Western Cape, Gauteng and Mpumalanga provinces, a delivery fee will be quoted by the Bed King dispatch team. The quotation will be emailed to you for your approval.
Category 1 purchases under R5 000
- The delivery fee is R350 to major metropolitan cities in the Western Cape, Gauteng and Mpumalanga provinces.
- The delivery fee to areas outside of major metropolitan cities in the Western Cape, Gauteng and Mpumalanga provinces, will be quoted by the Bed King management team. The quotation will be emailed to you for your approval.
Category 2 purchases
- All Category 2 orders have a base delivery fee of R100 across the country.
Bed King reserves the right to review the automatically calculated delivery fee if the order falls outside of our normal order parameters. If applicable, the Bed King management team will contact you to negotiate an appropriate delivery fee.
Please ensure you provide accurate delivery details. Bed King will not be held responsible for any loss or unauthorized use of the goods once we have delivered your purchase to the delivery address provided to us.
We deliver Monday to Saturday excluding Public Holidays. Before delivery of your purchase, our warehouse team will notify you of a delivery date. As far as possible, we endeavor to keep to the delivery date provided. From time to time, due to seasonal demand or situations out of our control the delivery date may change. Any changes to the delivery date will be communicated to you timeously.
Delivery of goods can be made to your room of choice within the delivery address. Please ensure that all access ways are clear. If the delivery team deem that there may be a risk of damage to the product or property, they may refuse to deliver to your desired location within the delivery address. Our insurance does not allow our delivery team to move additional furniture within your home.We require the client or authorized person to fully disclose the conditions at the delivery address i.e. staircases, security gates etc. prior to the delivery taking place. No delivery will be made to your desired location within the delivery address unless supervision is provided at all times, either by the homeowner or a person authorized to accept delivery. Failing which, our delivery team will not be permitted to enter your home / bedroom and your goods will not be delivered. Additional delivery charges may be incurred.
INSPECTION AND DOCUMENTATION
Upon delivery of your purchase, you will be provided with a delivery note. It is your responsibility to inspect your delivery for faults or defects. Should you find any, please note it on the delivery note and return the item immediately. Should you be happy with the condition of your delivery, please sign the delivery note to confirm that the goods have been received.
ACCEPTING YOUR DELIVERY
Should you be unable to accept delivery of your purchase in person, please notify our warehouse team of the individual (name and ID number) who will be accepting delivery on behalf of you. Our delivery team will need identification before delivering the goods. Should no one be at the delivery address after the particulars of the delivery has been confirmed, you will be charged an additional delivery fee.
We offer an assembly service on certain furniture items delivered by our in-house delivery team to areas in Cape Town, Gauteng, and Mbombela. Should you choose to assemble the items yourself, Bed King will not be held liable for any missing parts, any damage to the items or injuries incurred by yourself or anyone else during the assembly process. We are unable to assemble items previously purchased elsewhere.
From time to time, particularly for deliveries to far lying areas, we make use of Courier services. Bed King will not be liable for any damage suffered or any losses incurred arising out of any act or omission by the courier.
If you would like to collect your purchase, please allow for 3 - 5 working days for the order to be transferred from our warehouse to the Bed King store of your choice. When opting to collect your order, you must equip yourself with the required supplies and equipment to transport the order safely home. Although we have specialized heavy duty packaging material at our warehouse, we cannot guarantee it will be effective enough for your purpose. Should your order be damaged during transit, it will not be covered by warranty and guarantee certificate. Due to insurance constraints, The Bed King staff cannot assist you with the loading or off-loading and securing of your order.
We pride ourserves in carrying high quality items and trust you will be delighted with your purchase. Authorized returns and refunds are accepted within 7 days provided the item is unused and in its original packaging. If you want to return your purchase for any reason at all please send an email to email@example.com or call us on 0860 25 35 45, within 7 days of receiving your order.
All returns are subject to Bed King Terms and Conditions, based purely in essence of the new Consumer Protection Act.
Items which have been custom-made, personalized or manufactured in 'special' sizes will only be returned, refunded or exchanged, under the conditions set forward by the Consumer Protection Act.
In the unlikely event that you are not completely satisfied with your bed/mattress, we will exchange your purchase subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The 90-night comfort exchange policy is only available on standard size beds/mattresses. The 90-night comfort policy does not apply to any furniture, linen, pillows or any other accessories.
- A minimum of 30-nights must be completed before the comfort exchange policy becomes applicable.
- In the event of an exchange, a minimum disposal fee of 25% of the original beds value will be added on to the new invoice, as well as an additional delivery charge. (The new invoice can only be to the value of or greater than the original purchase and not less.)
- A disposal fee will be charged to cover the following: The transportation of your bed to the manufacturer and the stripping of your bed into parts.
- It is company policy not to resell or display exchanged beds on our floor.
- The 90-night comfort exchange policy starts from the delivery date of the bed and ends on midnight on the 90th day after that date.
- The comfort exchange policy is only valid if the customer bought a waterproof mattress protector from the Bed King. The waterproof mattress protector must appear on the same invoice as the purchased mattress.
- Please ensure that the products are in satisfactory condition when you receive them. If the products are MARKED or DAMAGED on delivery to you, you must note it on the delivery note that the driver takes with him and inform your salesperson within 24 hours after the delivery.
- Any product that is soiled or in an unsatisfactory condition upon the exchange, will not be exchanged and the comfort exchange policy will be invalidated.
- Only one comfort exchange is allowed per customer.
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR) inclusive of VAT. The Bed King reserves the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of pricing and product information. Instances may arise in which a product(s) are priced incorrectly on the website or where the product information supplied is inaccurate. The Bed King will not be held bound by the incorrect price(s) in cases where such error(s) occur.
We accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards.
EFT (ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER)
IMP: use the unique order number in the reference line for your payment. This should ensure speedy processing and delivery of your selected products.
Account Name: Pettenden Trading cc t/a The Bed King
Account No.: 118 048 3219
Branch Code: 19876500
Branch Name: Southern Peninsula
Account Type Swift Code: Cheque
Swift Code: NEDSZAJJ
BED KING ACCOUNT
Bed King Accounts are provided by FeverTree Finance (Pty) Ltd, a registered credit provider (NCRCP6072). You need to be between 18 - 65 years, earn a minimum of R5 000 a month and be a responsible credit user. You have 18 months to settle your bill. Available to South African citizens only. Subject to affordability checks.
A minimum deposit of 20% of the total purchase price of products is required. Regular monthly payments must be made. Your lay-buy must be paid for in full and collected by the due date.
Should you fail to make regular monthly payments or your lay-buy remains uncollected by the due date, we will cancel the lay-buy and refund all payments made LESS 10% and a reasonable amount to cover admin and storage.
We require positive Identification Document
- if you have lost your invoice or you wish to cancel your lay-buy
- when you collect and finalize your lay-buy without your lay-buy document
Lay buy period
- For purchases with a value of up to R5000.00: 3 months
- For purchases with a value over R5000.00: 4 months
Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
Competitions and Giveaways Policy
All Competitions and Giveaways ('Contest') are sponsored by Bed King Sleep Solutions ('Sponsor'). By participating, each entrant agrees to abide by the Official Rules as stated in the contest literature, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contests, as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects.
All contests are subject to South African laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
By participating, each entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, likeness or comments for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
All vouchers are sponsored by Bed King and the following T&C's apply:
- May not be redeemed for cash.
- Is valid for 6 months from date issued.
- Can be used as part payment of your next purchase.
- May not be used on any discounted advertised products.
- Will be null and void if any amendments are made to it.
- Only one voucher can be utilized per purchase
Warranty and Guarantee Policy
A Warranty and Guarantee Card is provided alongside your purchased items. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the guidelines as set out in your warranty and guarantee card that accompanies your purchase. It is your responsibility to abide by the guidelines listed in the card to ensure the longevity of your purchase.
Different warranty and guarantee periods apply to different product categories. Please refer to the product page for more information or speak to a consultant.
A warranty is an agreement between the customer and manufacturer that promises to repair goods purchased within a specified time period. It is normal for you, the customer to contribute to warranty costs. These costs are worked out at a pro rata rate depending on the number of years that your purchase has been in use.
Please note that the warranty is not an indication of the lifespan of the mattress or product. The warranty is null and void in the case of a comfort exchange, failure to follow manufacturer's instructions or misuse of the goods under warranty.
We reserve the right to refuse inspection and to invalidate the warranty if the product is deemed to be soiled, burnt, stained, infested with insects or in an unsanitary condition or tampered with.
A guarantee is an agreement between the manufacturer and the customer that damaged or defective goods will be repaired/ replaced, at no additional cost to the customer, within a certain time frame, subject to conditions. The decision whether or not to replace or repair the goods is subject to the manufacturer's discretion.
The guarantee does not apply if you experience a change of mind or choose the wrong comfort level. Failure to follow manufacturer's instructions or misuse of the goods under guarantee will also cause the guarantee to lapse.
If the product is deemed to be soiled, burnt, stained, infested with insects or in an unsanitary condition or tampered with, the guarantee will lapse.
Download Warranty Cards:
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User's obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User's continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User's acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
I understand that all the designs and trademarks are registered to The Bed King and hereby accept the terms and conditions. I undertake not to copy/duplicate the trademarks and designs directly or indirectly in anyway and understand the legal implications thereof. Should I be found to be in violation of this agreement I understand that I will be held liable for all legal costs incurred by The Bed King for any civil action or any legal action deemed necessary against me.
20 Spin Street
Tel: +27 21 951 6201
To request a copy of the ECT Act email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Errors and omissions excepted.
Sign up to our Newsletter and get 5% OffSubscribe to our monthly online newsletter and receive a 5% discount voucher to use on your next purchase.
Terms and Conditions Apply.