|HOME | Archives | BedKing Website | Contact Us|
Pregnancy Sleep TipsSeptember 25, 2013
Many women find it uncomfortable and even a little painful to sleep when pregnant. With these 9 great pregnancy sleep tips however we will hopefully have you enjoying your dream time yet again.
1. During your third trimester, try to sleep on your left side. This will stimulate the best blood flow to the fetus as well as to your uterus and kidneys.
2. Always drink plenty of fluids during the day, but remember to cut down before bedtime to prevent too many night time bathroom interruptions.
3. To help prevent pregnancy related heartburn try not eat large amounts of spicy, acidic or fried foods. If heartburn continues to be is problem while sleeping try resting with your head elevated on pillows.
4. Try to exercise as regularly as possible! This will not only help you to remain healthy, but will also help improve your circulation, reduce leg cramps and help you to sleep a little better at night.
5. If you are continually hungry then try to eat bland snacks (like cracker bread) throughout the day. This will help you avoid nausea by keeping your stomach full.
6. Ask one of our Bed King Store Staff Members about special "pregnancy" pillows and mattresses that may help you sleep better. Otherwise simply use regular pillows to support your body while sleeping.
7. Short naps may help with pregnancy tiredness. A National Science Foundation (US) poll found that 51% of pregnant women reported at least one weekday nap. Just over 60% reported at least one weekend nap.
8. Learn to relax more using breathing techniques. Not only will this help you rest easily now, but it also comes in useful when you go into labour. Also, a warm bath or shower before bed can help you relax even more.
9. Remember to always talk to your doctor if you develop sleep related medical problems, this includes insomnia brought on by pregnancy.
|Copyright © 2009 The Bed King|